Every now and then you might come across a situation where you need a transparent background in an image. Whether you want to remove extra things or it is for professional purpose. The tool that everyone thinks in the first place is MS Paint. Well, professional editors scarcely use it as they have plenty of other powerful software with plenty of tools. However, beginners can use this tool for doing minute edits to their images. That is why we will show you how to make background transparent in paint.
As many people today are running Windows 10, so we will also share how to use the paint 3D transparent background feature for this purpose.
How to make background transparent in paint?
Here are the steps that will help you make your image’s background transparent.
- Open MS Paint by searching it in the start menu.
- Once the MS Paint window opens, click on the File Menu and then open.
- Now go the desired image location and after selecting the image, click open. You can also open the image by dragging it and placing it in the paint window.
Note that the image should have a solid background or white background
- Now click on the Color 2 on the colors toolbar. If the background of the image is white then simply select the white color in Color 2.
- Now select the Eyedropper tool from the toolbar.
- Click on the background and the eyedropper tool will now pick up the color of the image’s background.
- Now go to the Select menu on the Image toolbar. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Now select Transparent Selection from the menu. This tool will make transparent selections whether you use the Rectangular selection or Free-form selection.
- From the same Select menu, now choose Rectangular Selection or Free-form selection. The choice of either tool depends on the selection area you are going to make.
- Now using the tool, select the area which you want to separate from the background. Do this by holding down the left mouse button until you make the required selection.
- Right-click the on the selection area. A dashed rectangle will appear around the area.
- Now select Copy or Paste from the menu which appears after the right-click.
- Your transparent selection is now ready.
- Open a new picture.
- Paste the copied selection (transparent image) on the new picture. Paste by right-clicking the picture and select Paste from the menu. Or simply press Ctrl+V to paste the image.
- Now the new background is transparent for your image.
How to make background transparent in paint 3D?
Windows 10 comes with an advanced tool i.e. Paint 3D. Paint doesn’t save the transparent parts of the image. This is the reason people are complaining about and searching for articles on how to save a transparent image in paint? Well, the Windows 10 Paint 3D enables us to save transparent images. Paint 3D doesn’t provide the Layers tool unlike Photoshop but you can insert overlapping pictures on one image.
In case you want to know how to make background transparent online, this article might help you a lot.
Here are the steps on how to make background transparent in Paint 3D.
- Search for Paint 3D in Window 10 search bar in the start menu. The app comes with the Creators update. If you don’t have the app, you can follow this link to download the Paint 3D app.
- When the Paint 3D window opens up, click on Menu. From the menu select Open and then browse files.
- Go to the desired location and add the desired image.
- Open the Canvas sidebar by clicking the Canvas button on the toolbar.
- Now turn the Transparent Canvas setting on by clicking the button.
- Using this amazing paint transparent selection, make the desired selection of the image.
- Press Ctrl+X to cut the unwanted background. Now your image will have a transparent area which you can replace with any other image.
- Now click Menu and then Save as.
- In the save as type menu, select 2D-PNG.
- Add the name of the file and press save.
- Again open an image as a background layer image for the transparent image you created.
- Go to menu and click insert and choose the transparent image you just saved.
- The inserted image now has a transparent background and you can readjust the image in the way you like.
- You can rotate the image by holding down left-click and moving left and right to rotate the selected layer.
So this is how to make background transparent in paint and paint 3D. Well this might come in handy anytime whenever there is an urgency. If you learnt the ways, do share your thoughts in the comments and share with your friends. Thanks!