Microsoft latest version of windows running on most of the new computers is Windows 10. But still, many people don’t know how to install Windows 10 from USB. Most of the computers got updates by the downloadable updates on the systems. This sounds quite easy as you can just simply get the update to Windows 10 by downloading it. This didn’t work as planned as most of the computers didn’t get the updates.
There are certain reasons that many systems didn’t get the update to Windows 10. Most of all the incomplete downloads and corrupted downloads add the risk of faulty updates. This leaves us with the only option to install windows from removable media.
With most laptops with sleek designs and therefore without CD-ROM leaves us the option to install windows 10 from USB. In this article, we will take you through the tutorial on how to install windows 10 from USB. This also covers up the question of many people
How to Install Windows 10 from USB
First of all, we need to create a bootable USB to carry the Windows Installation files. We can create one using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. Follow the below steps to continue:
- Download the Microsoft Media Creation Tool Windows 10 from Microsoft official website. You can follow the below link to download from the official Microsoft website as well.
- After the download is complete, launch the MediaCreationTool.exe file to open the media creation tool windows 10 specific
- Choose Yes option, if your system asks for Administrator permission
- On the first screen of the tool, choose Accept
- Now, on the next screen, two options will be available i.e.
- Upgrade this PC now
- Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC
- Select the 2nd option and click Next
- The next screen will show some settings which are automatically chosen by the tool based on PC configuration. Then click Next
- Note: In case you are using the USB to install windows 10 on another PC, then change the settings by unchecking the “Use recommended options for this PC
- Now choose the windows 10 installation media type( Must be at least 8 GB) and then click Next
- Now choose the removable media, you want to put Windows 10 setup on and click Next
After you follow this procedure, the media creation tool will then download the Windows 10 files. The tool will automatically copy the Windows 10 iso to USB.
After the steps are done the Windows 10 USB boot will be available. Also, you can run the Windows 10 installer from the USB on your existing windows for an update. The USB is now ready to install Windows 10 on any system with UEFI boot capability.
Recommended Article: Best Laptops for Graphic Design and Multimedia
How to Install Windows 10 using RUFUS
In case you are facing any difficulties using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, then Rufus is its solution. This only works in the case when you already have the Windows 10 iso file. Rufus also allows you to create a bootable USB to install Windows 10.
Follows these steps to create a windows 10 bootable USB using Rufus.
- Download Rufus using the following link
- After download is complete, open the file to start Rufus
- In the “Devices” section choose the USB drive ( Must be at least 8 GB)
- In the ” Partition Scheme and target system type “section, select the option “GPT partition scheme for UEFI”
- Keep the default settings for “File System” and “Cluster Size”
- Write name of the USB to be labeled as after the installation
- In the “Format Options” section, check the “Create a bootable disk using “ISO Image” option
- Upon clicking the drive icon, a window will appear
- Choose the windows 10 iso file and click open
- Now click the start button
- On the confirmation dialogue box, click OK
After these steps, Rufus will create a bootable Windows 10 USB.
In case you have any queries or you still have problems on how to install windows 10 from USB, feel free to mention it in the comments section. You can also give suggestions for any improvements as well. Thanks!