Fed up with Twitter or want to take a break from the tweet world and yet don’t know how to delete Twitter account? Well, this is the right article for you in the case. We will take you through the step-by-step guide to delete twitter account permanently or temporarily.
Please note that you cannot delete your twitter account permanently in first place. Firstly, you have to deactivate the account from Twitter settings. This deactivation acts as a signal to the Twitter servers to delete your account. Twitter gives the users a 30-day window in case they change their mind. 30 days after the deactivation all of your data from the Twitter is deleted. So in other words, your account is permanently deleted only 1 month after deactivation.
Just remember that after your account is permanently deleted you cannot recover any of your previous data. All your personal data including the profile info, tweets, followers, mentions and everything related to your profile. In case you want to get back to Twitter, you will have to make a new account.
The article will focus on the methods you can follow to deactivate your twitter account on various devices.
How to delete Twitter account?
How to delete twitter account on PC?
Follow the below steps to deactivate your twitter account through a PC browser.
- Go to twitter.com.
2. Enter your login details and sign in to Twitter.
3. Once logged in, click on the button in the top right corner i.e. the profile and settings button.
4. A drop-down menu will appear. Select “Settings and privacy” option from that.
5. Scroll down, find and click “Deactivate my twitter account”.
6. A set of instructions will appear before you. Read the instructions carefully.
7. After going through the instructions, click “[email protected]”.
8. Twitter will require you to enter your password in order to confirm your consent for the last time.
9. After entering the password click “Deactivate Account”.
10. That’s it! It’s done!
The number of hackers is on the rise! Protect your Facebook account by changing the password.
How to delete twitter account on mobile?
In case you have the query “How to delete twitter account on Android” or “How to delete twitter account on iPhone”, then follow this tutorial to delete your twitter account easily on your mobile phone.
(You cannot delete a Twitter account from the Twitter mobile app)
- Go to twitter.com/account/settings on your mobile browser. ( The page might not load and give an error but ignore it)
- Now, go to the browser’s menu and look for “Request Desktop Site”.
- Upon clicking that option, your browser will reload the page but in the Desktop version.
- Log in if you are not logged in before.
- Once there you can follow the same steps from the step 5 onwards as mentioned in the upper part of the article i.e. How to deactivate your twitter account on PC.
If you want to delete twitter account on iPhone simply follow the same tutorial as mentioned for android. Just open the browser you use and the rest is the same.
How to reactivate Twitter account?
The Twitter reactivate option is available to you within 30 days after you have deactivated your account. If you don’t reactivate your Twitter account within that time, then your account will be permanently deleted from the Twitter’s servers.
In order to reactivate your account, you can simply just log in to your account from the mobile app or browser. Voila! You are back to the world of tweeting.
In case you feel any difficulty in reactivating your account despite following the procedure, contact Twitter support. Go to this link support.twitter.com in case of any problem.
Hope you learned how to delete twitter account using any device. Well, in case you have any trouble deleting your twitter account, feel free to ask us in the comments section. If you change your mind and get back to twitter, do give us a follow on our twitter account. Thanks!