- How to change Facebook password on desktop website?
- Facebook change the password on mobile website
According to recent reports, the number of active Facebook account users in the United States has swelled up to 230 millions. And more than 80 percent of these users are unsure about the security of their privacy, as the number of hackers is rising at an astonishing rate. This is exactly why the subscribers need to know how to change Facebook password, which can be helpful in case if he suspects that his personal information has been compromised, or the account is in the danger of getting in the hands of a hacker.
There are different ways with the help of which you can reset or change the password of your Facebook account. The procedure, however, differs on the basis of the device on which you are trying to access your account. There’s no need to worry, if you don’t know how to change Facebook password, as that’s why we have written this guide, detailing the methods to get this over with on different devices. Before we set off to change your Facebook account password, we would recommend you to be extra cautious by putting a layer of anonymity on your device. For this, you can use one of these 5 best free VPN services.
How to change Facebook password on desktop website?
The desktop version of the Facebook website provides you access to almost all of the advanced features and functionalities. This includes the capability to change the account password. To get rid of the old password, follow this procedure:
- Login to your Facebook account
- On the dashboard, you might be able to see a small “arrow” on the top right corner of the screen. Click this arrow.
- In the menu that appears, select “Settings“
- Click the “Edit” button present next to the “Password” section
- In the “Current Password” box, fill the password which is currently in use by the same account
- Fill the “New” and “Re-Type New” password fields
- Save the changes
Facebook change the password on mobile website
Even though, the mobile Facebook website doesn’t provide the same degree of freedom as that of a desktop, but still it does provide you the options to reset the old password. For the purpose:
- Sign into your Facebook account
- In the upper right corner, select the Menu button
- Select “Account Settings“
- Click on the option saying “General“
- Select the “Password” subsection
- Now just like the previous method, fill the current and new password fields
- When you are ready, click the “Change Password” button
How to change Facebook password on iPhone?
If you are iPhone user, then you must be using the officially launched Facebook application for iOS. In case if you are using the Facebook through a browser, then you can apply the same procedure as mentioned in the above section, otherwise continue reading below.
- Login to your account in the iOS app
- Tap on the “More” button present in the bottom-right corner of the screen
- Select “Settings”, “General”, and “Password” respectively
- Fill the required fields of current and new password
- Tap on the “Change Password” button to save the changes
Are you an android user? Don’t worry we have got you covered!
Just like an iPhone app, the Android based Facebook application also lets you to modify your password without going through any trouble. All you need to do is follow this procedure:
- On the Android Facebook app, login to your account
- At the upper right corner of the screen, select the “Menu” button.
- Tap on “Account Settings”
- Select “General” from the options presented to you
- Now choose “Password”
- Type in the passwords, both the current one and new.
- Save the changes by tapping the “Change Password” button
What if you forgot the original Facebook password?
Well! In case if such a scenario arises in which you don’t remember your original password, then how do you change your password? The answer is the “Forgot Password” form. But to solve this issue, you must have access to the phone number on which you created your Facebook account, or the associated email address account.
- Get to the login page of Facebook
- Click on the “Forgot your account?” link
- Identify your account after filling out the form
- Select the most appropriate of the options, i.e. phone code verification, email account verification, etc, to initiate the Facebook password change request.
- Follow the instructions provided
Do you suspect some suspicious activity on your account?
If you think that your account has been compromised, or the hackers were successful in getting their hands on your account, with you still logged into the account. Then you need to notify Facebook about this.
- Go to the Facebook Hacked Help Page
- Select the option which, you think, applies best to your account
- Click the “Continue” button
- It will let you change your Facebook password without requiring you look for any Facebook password change code.
- Follow the instructions to complete the procedure.
How to Change Messenger Password?
The best thing about Facebook’s messenger is that you don’t need to remember additional password for it, as it directly associated with your Facebook account. So, if you know how to change the Facebook password, then you should also know that this won’t impact your messenger account at all, as it will require you to login to your Facebook account.